Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sick Days

Today, I am thankful for my husband.

I used to think that it was awful to be sick. But now, I can't curl up under the blankets and watch movies all day - or for several days - until I feel better. You know, there's these little critters that climb all over me, begging for food, drinks, attention, and things to do. It's tiring enough without adding a chest cold into the mix.

But Bryan has done so much to make it easier for me. Quietly and without complaint at the extra work. For example, yesterday, I never made out out of my pajamas. It was one of those kind of days. Bryan went out and bought some cough medicine (the first REAL cold medicine I've had in four years because of pregnancies and nursing babies. It was a big event for me), brought home breakfast, did the dishes, made dinner, and spent even more of his precious studying time with the kids. This morning, he got up with Jean and Alex at 6:30. Yes. 6:30. My children are crazy morning people, and I hate it. Anyway, Bryan let me sleep in a bit, and again, took care of breakfast and dinner, and handled time outs. And at the end of the day when energy was low, he was there to help get bedtime routines rolling.

I couldn't ask for a better care taker. I love him. And I love that he's mine.