Do you have anything you are anal retentive about? Anal retentive. What does that even mean, anyway? I have no idea. But I do know that I have many, many things that fall under the category of things I am indeed anal retentive about. The problem though, is that it is never over anything important. Why can't I have anal retentIveness over being on time? Or how I look and what I'm wearing when I go out in public? Or doing my visiting teaching? Or flossing?
No. I'm obsessive over things that have no bearing on anything. Ridiculous, non meaningful things. If the dishes are not stacked up a certain way, with all of the food rinsed off of them before I begin washing them, I cannot begin washing. If my kids' toys are not put away in their correct spot during clean up time, it naws at me until my eyes and head start twitching, and I finally move the dumb thing to its right spot. Which is pointless because in six minutes or less, one of my kids will pick it up to play with it, or drop it on the floor somewhere else.
I am betting that my worst, most annoying thing I'm anal retentive about (at least to my husband), is the sheets and blankets that cover me. If they are even slightly bunchy, I must fix them immediately, or I won't be comfortable. If the sheet is pulled up higher than the quilt around my shoulders, I get up and fix it. It doesn't matter if it's 3 o'clock in the morning; I will get up to fix it. I cannot sleep when the bedding is not laid out nice, smooth, and even. It drives my husband up the wall.
I need to find something useful to become obsessive about.