Sunday, April 22, 2012

I Hate Tantrums

This being a mom thing? It's tough sometimes. Here are two reasons why:

Option #1 - I stay in with the kids all day. She's driving me crazy! I know she's just bored, but she won't stop climbing on everything, getting into everything, and is screaming her head off about absolutely everything else.

Option #2 - I take them out to do something (ie. the park, a walk, sidewalk chalk, the library) and we have a great time. But the moment I have the nerve to end the outing, I am in for the tantrum of all tantrums. It's bad. And always feels far worse in public....?

For instance, yesterday we all went to the mall and stopped in at the toy store for some fun before we went home. Jean went nuts, making sure to touch and see every possible toy in there. She laughed and giggled like she had never, ever, ever had as much fun as she currently was in that exact moment. As we were finishing up with the rounds and said it was time to go, I could feel my body tensing up, getting ready for the imminent explosion. Sure enough, as soon as she realized we were headed out the door, BOOM!

"AHHHHHH!!! NO, NO, NO!!" *sob, sob, sob*  And don't forget the kicks and back arching, and flailing in poor Daddy's arms.

And this happens every single time we venture out to do anything. Ugh. I want my kids to have fun and experience life but sometimes it's easy to wonder, "Is it worth it?"

*sigh*  Yes. Dang it.